- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken leg
This Algerian chicken and chickpea tagine is quick and easy to prepare. We start by cooking the ingredients in a clay tagine pot on the hob and finish by baking them in the oven.
10 people made this
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 glass chickpeas, soaked overnight
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the dersa
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 or 2 glasses chicken stock, as needed
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken drumsticks. Once golden brown, transfer the drumsticks to an ovenproof tagine pot, that can also go on the hob
- Cook the chickpeas in unsalted boiling water for 20 minutes, uncovered. Drain, rinse and reserve.
- To make the dersa: Use a mortar and pestle to mash garlic, cayenne pepper, chilli flakes, ground cumin and olive oil until you achieve a thick paste; pour on top of the chicken in the tagine pot, making sure to coat the drumsticks. Add the reserved chickpeas to the tagine pot and cover with one or two glasses of chicken stock (water will do, if you do not have chicken stock). Cook for 30 minutes over medium heat, uncovered. If the tagine pot cannot be used on the hob, this step can be done in a frying pan.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C / Gas 6. Add salt and pepper, and a little more stock or water; stir. Place the lid on the tagine pot and bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
Grocery delivery Leytonstone
Do you already enjoy the ease of grocery delivery in Leytonstone? Get all items like Riso Scotti Carnaroli Risotto Rice, Lamy T10 Ink Cartridges Blue and perhaps Vtech KidiPet Friends Pony 4 at home! Products, great and small from known as shelves Paprika and also Tinned Tomatoes of manufacturers such as Moncaro and obvously Hozelock. You shop them smoothly and at a good price at the online supermarket. Grocery delivery Leytonstone can sometimes even deliver the same day. Discover whether supermarket chains such as Purplebone and perhaps Wiltshire Farm Foods deliver the groceries in your hometown. In Ormesby St. Margaret it is often arranged differently than for people in Pidley. Check immediately your postcode (that can be LA12 0TX0 or DL10 4RU0). Then you will see soon enough what (eg. Tesco) grocery delivery service in Leytonstone already brings groceries to your hometown. Avia (40, Family support worker) Order one or two times a month online. “I often get groceries delivered at my work. “