- 2 1/2 pounds ripe pears, peeled, quartered, cored, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons crushed ginger cookies (such as Ginger Man), divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled butter, diced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix pears, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons crushed cookies, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Mix in raisins.
Using fingertips, press together flour, butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl until moist clumps form. Mix in 4 tablespoons crushed cookies and nuts.
Drop topping evenly over filling. Bake until juices bubble thickly and topping is brown, about 40 minutes.