Topping these fresh blini-like pancakes with smoked salmon would make an ideal appetizer for a party.
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas (from about 1 pound pods) or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for skillet
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
If using fresh peas, cook in a small saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 3 minutes (if using frozen peas, do not cook). Drain.
Purée eggs, cottage cheese, flour, 2 tablespoons oil, and 1 teaspoon salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer batter to a medium bowl and stir in peas and 4 scallions. (Batter should be thick but pourable; stir in water by tablespoonfuls if too thick).
Heat a lightly oiled large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add batter to skillet by 1/4-cupfuls, spreading out to 3-inch-4-inch rounds with a spoon. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until pancakes are browned on bottom and the centers are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
Serve pancakes drizzled with butter and topped with scallions.