We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This shrimp boil recipe uses lots of spices—but don't worry; you probably already have most in your pantry.
- 2 onions, halved crosswise
- 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 dashes (or more) hot pepper sauce, preferably Crystal
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled large shrimp (about 30)
Combine first 12 ingredients and 8 cups water in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes. Squeeze in juice from lemon; add lemon to pot. Add hot sauce and shrimp. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Turn off heat, add 4 cups ice cubes, and steep for 5 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place on a newspaper-lined baking sheet. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.