We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 pounds small carrots (5 to 6 inches long), peeled, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) coarse kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
Melt butter in heavy extra-large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, 1 tablespoon molasses, and 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt; sauté until carrots are coated with butter mixture, about 1 minute. Add 4 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar and enough water to almost cover carrots (about 4 cups) and bring to boil. Cover and boil 2 minutes. Uncover and boil until liquid is reduced to syrup and carrots are tender, stirring often, about 20 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon molasses and 2 tablespoons vinegar to carrots and toss over medium-high heat until carrots are heated through and thickly coated with glaze, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon parsley. Season carrots to taste with more coarse salt and generous amount of ground black pepper. Transfer carrots to large bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and serve.