Grilled Beef Antricot Ingredient:
- 1 piece of matured beef antricot, 5-6 cm thick. (my piece weighed 580 grams with bone, enough for 2 people) and pepper
- optional: 40 grams of butter, 1 sprig of rosemary, 1/2 clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper
Golden rules for a juicy beef steak:
Before moving on to the actual preparation, I would like to name a set of rules for the perfect steak that we talked about in the introduction.
- First of all, you need to choose the right cutting piece for your purpose. In this case, I chose the apricot that I will prepare on the grill. Antricot, a piece cut from beef carcass comprising the dorsal muscles reclined between the ribs 6-8 and the spine, sirloin and the net (beef muscle) are the pieces that are suitable for grilling or frying. The other cutting pieces (pulp, back, nape, ribs, brush, tail) are wonderful, they can develop exceptional flavors and textures, but they must be cooked slowly, so never venture to grill beef.
- At least as important is the quality of the meat: after slaughter, beef (like other animals, but especially those with strong muscles, such as game) becomes much more rigid. The maturation of the meat, in conditions of temperature, ventilation and humidity strictly controlled, has the role of allowing the natural enzymes in the meat to fragile it and to develop an intense, exceptional taste. The reason why the taste is more intense is very simple, the matured meat has less water and all the substances it contains are much more concentrated.
- My advice is to invest in a piece of matured beef when you intend to make a grilled steak, the difference from the & # 8222 rubber sole & # 8221 that we all run to the tender and juicy meat is in quality .
Preparing Grilled Beef Antricot:
1. Before placing the meat on the grill, it must reach a temperature as close as possible to that of the environment. Remove the meat from the fridge a quarter of an hour, or better half an hour before the actual cooking time (even 1 hour -1 hour and a half for larger pieces). Meanwhile, prepare the grill, part of it must be very, very hot, the opposite side must not have fire underneath.
2. I have heard many discussions about the fact that beef should not be seasoned before it is grilled, because salt would strengthen it. Well, I spice up the beef with salt and freshly ground pepper, just before I started cooking, and, without false modesty and being even pretentious, I ate the best steaks of my life at home. Of course, if you want to do the opposite, it's very good and so, the meat can be seasoned before or after cooking, as you prefer. I don't add other flavors, I want to enjoy the flavors of beef and that's it. What seems to me, however, a blasphemy, is the habit of keeping in the bait a high quality beef, such as matured meat. We really don't need such a thing and we don't need all kinds of flavors, we prepare a rather expensive piece, so we want to feel its taste.
3. The apricot is placed on that very hot portion of the grill. I have the ability to control the temperature, I never put the beef on the grill until it has heated up to 260 degrees Celsius.
4. If you want to get the characteristic pattern, with linear burn marks that intersect on the surface of the steak, after 3 minutes turn the meat to the left (or right) so that perpendicular to the burn marks that have already formed to form others. After another 2-3 minutes, the meat is turned on the opposite side and the twisting procedure is repeated. If you are not particularly interested in that design on the surface of the meat, leave the meat on the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side. From here, there are two different approaches:
- 1 ham, 4 to 6 kilograms (1.8 to 2.7 kg), pre-cooked
- 1 cup (240 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) cloves of earth
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Combine brown sugar, cloves, horseradish and lemon juice in a small bowl.
2. Add the ham with the mixture. Place on the grill, cover and simmer for 1 hour, making sure to beat the ham every 15 minutes during the cooking process. Take care of the burning. The mixture should form a sweet crust on the edge of the ham. Once this is achieved, remove the ham from the grill, let it rest for 5 minutes, cut and serve.
We prepare the ingredients for the tender chicken with grilled vegetables.
From oil and spices we make a paste with which we massage the chicken well. Then we place it in a yena bowl with a lid and put it in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
Wash the potatoes well and boil them in the shell, in enough water to cover them.
Add a pinch of salt.
We don't boil them too badly, just enough to easily penetrate the fork test.
We clean the carrot and boil it in water with a little salt.
When the carrot is almost cooked, add the frozen green beans and leave the pot on the fire for a few more minutes, until it penetrates, about 10 minutes.
We clean the garlic and finely chop it, we grind the white part well, and we chop the leaves as finely as possible.
Rub the garlic with a little salt, a teaspoon of oil and a little pepper, then add a little carrot juice and green beans.
We clean the potatoes, after they have cooled, and cut them into rounds.
We'll cut the carrot into rounds.
Grease the grill with a little oil and heat it well on the fire, then place the potato and carrot slices and leave them for 2-3 minutes on one side and on the other.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
During the week I prefer to cook quick recipes. This one recipe of grilled spicy chicken breast is one of them, it is delicious and very easy to prepare.
Chicken breast cooked in this way is juicy and tasty and if you increase the marinating time, it will definitely be a delight.
- a large chicken breast (700-800 g)
- a teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from half a large lemon
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper paste (or a teaspoon of paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped hot pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Method of preparation grilled spicy chicken breast
Bone the chicken breast and cut it into thin slices. Put the fillets in a bowl, add the spices, crushed garlic, salt, oil and lemon juice.
If you want, you can add finely chopped greens of your choice. I also add parsley, a few needles of rosemary, basil or fresh thyme.
Mix very well, cover with cling film and keep cold for at least an hour. It can be prepared in advance, as I said, a longer marinade will make the meat much more tender and tasty.
Remove the meat from the fridge for at least half an hour in the fridge so that it reaches room temperature. Fry the pieces of breast on a hot grill pan or on a back grill. go roasted and in a non-stick pan with a thicker bottom.
Eat hot chicken breast, according to your preferences, with a mixed salad, pan-fried vegetables, vegetable puree or boiled rice. Enjoy!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Huge cambula scratching it
200 g ripe prunes, cut into cubes
1/2 red bell pepper, cleaned of seeds and cut into cubes
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
juice from 1 small orange
15 g fresh, chopped basil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon caster sugar
salt and pepper
Spread the flounder slices in a shallow, non-metallic bowl. Mix the oil, orange juice, garlic, salt and pepper - and pour over the fish.
Combine the salsa ingredients and season to taste. Pour into a bowl.
Heat a cast iron grill, greased with a little oil, or a large skillet, over high heat. Put the fish pieces on the grill and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, moistening them from time to time with the oil mixture, until the meat can be easily opened with a fork.
Place the fish pieces on individual hot plates and grind a little black pepper on top. Garnish the steaks with orange slices and serve with salsa.
• Other white fish, such as cod, haddock, hockey or swordfish and anglerfish, can cook similarly.
• For a tomato and olive sauce, combine diced tomatoes with 1/2 diced cucumber, 4 finely chopped green onions, 45 g green or black olives, peeled and chopped, and 15 g fresh, chopped basil. Or use 1 tablespoon of capers, pancakes and drained, instead of olives.
• In summer, the fish can be cooked on an outdoor grill. Place the pieces of meat on an aluminum foil to prevent them from slipping between the grill bars.
• Red bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C and beta-carotene. Both nutrients are considered powerful antioxidants, protecting the body from cancer and heart disease.
• Giant flounder is a good source of niacin, which plays an important role in releasing energy inside cells. Niacin is one of the most stable vitamins, so the losses during cooking are very small - or even missing.
Last week I received a very nice gift from a dear collaborator: the JW Marriott hotel. I received a set of ceramic cups shaped like crumpled plastic cups. The moment I opened the box, I said: SAUCES!
On Sunday I had a pre-Christmas party, so I also had the perfect opportunity to start preparing something according to my new "gadgets". So I played with tastes and ingredients and said I deserve to share with you these recipes for sauces collected or created over time.
Unfortunately, the photo above is the most handsome, so you don't see the glasses perfectly, but believe me, they are wonderful.