We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
clean and cut the melons into cubes, add the sugar and mix until the cubes are covered. The pear is cleaned and the cubes are made in the same way. Put over the melon and immediately the lemon juice.
Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally until the syrup drops and binds. Check a spoonful of syrup on a cold plate and make a line with a spoon in the middle. If the line remains, the syrup coming back but easy, then it's enough to bind.
It is very fragrant .... mmm
Melon jam with lemon
I bought a fragrant melon, but I was surprised to find that it was not sweet at all. Nobody wanted to eat it. As the watermelon was still in order, I decided it was time to make the first melon jam. Lemon plays an important role, potentiates sweets from 1 kg of sugar. I had a long melon but not from the inecacious and crumbly yellow one, it must be from the one with cantaloupe, or even cantaloupe, with hard core. This is one of the keys to excellent success, choosing the watermelon variety.
Because this year it was rainy and accumulated a lot of juice, I had to make the jam in two steps, as I explain in the preparation method.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
Total time 1 hour 5 minutes
Serving 2 jars of 350 g
- 1 kg melon without peel
- 1 kg of sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
- 500 + 120 ml water
- 250 ml vinegar
PREPARATION Melon jam with lemon
Sterilize the two (or more) jars as I explained in the pumpkin and vegetable sauce for the winter (click HERE to find out the method)
1. First, boil the water with the vinegar. It is necessary to boil the watermelon cubes so as not to become a soft mass at the end. Don't be afraid, don't change your taste.
2. Wash the watermelon and dry it with a towel. On the side where he sits on the ground, I rub him with the wire sponge. I don't want sand to grind in my teeth. Cut it in half lengthwise and with a metal spoon remove the seeds and the soft (mucilaginous) area that catches the seeds. Cut slices and peel with a knife along it. Cut into cubes of approx. 2 cm and put them in boiling vinegar water drawn from the fire.
3. The water with the vinegar cools from the melon, so you will time 10 minutes of boiling on low heat, after it boils for the first time. Strain into a spaghetti sieve.
4. Meanwhile, make the syrup from a kg of sugar + vanilla sugar and a small glass of water, about 120 ml. The water is put just enough to wet it so it doesn't burn. Put the juice from 1 lemon and boil it until it binds. When is the syrup bound? When you release a few drops of syrup in a glass of water, and it does not disperse, you see that it is solid.
5. In the syrup add the well drained watermelon cubes, and boil them for another 10 minutes, timing from the first boil. After it starts to boil, reduce the heat from medium to low.
6. Stop the fire, you will see that the pieces of watermelon float. Cover with a well-watered and well-squeezed kitchen towel and leave until the next day. The year is rainy and the melons are quite juicy, you have to leave the juice overnight.
7. The next day you will see that the pieces have shrunk a bit and fallen to the bottom. Froth the melon pieces and store them in a bowl and simmer only the syrup until it thickens. In the second part, keep an eye on it, when it has dropped enough, it starts to foam from the bubbles. Do not collect foam, just be careful not to set it on fire.
8. Add the watermelon, the liquid cools from it and timing from the first boil, boil the pieces together for 5 minutes.
9. Place the sterilized jars in a tray or pan (you need metal under the bottom so that it does not crack from the thermal shock), and fill the jars (I have a tiny polish that is often very useful to me). First put fruit 3 quarters and then add the syrup. You will see that you will have syrup left, which is great to have when you cook papanasii with apples (click here for the recipe) or cow's cheese pudding with raisins (click HERE for the recipe) or rice or semolina with milk. After tightening the lids well, turn the jars upside down for at least 10 minutes, or until they have cooled. This simple method creates a vacuum, for me the jams lasted for 3 years, in storage conditions in a not too cold, block room.
Liv (e) it!
I leave you with cake recipes with jam:
& # 8211 Apples with apples & # 8211 recipe of yesteryear
& # 8211 Pudding with cottage cheese and raisins
If here I showed you how to do it melon jam, obviously could not miss a recipe for melon jam. It is their season of juicy and fragrant melons, so we can enjoy their aroma for the rest of the year, in the form of jam.
As you know, there are several varieties of melon. With yellow core, green core, orange core, juicy or icy. For jam, watermelon with a hard core, orange and & icircnnăcăcios is ideal, because the fruits will be kept whole and firm and will not be soaked in syrup. But you can also make jam from juicy melons. You will not scald that one before and you will let it boil less.
- 1 kg diced melon
- 1 kg of sugar
- 500 ml of water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Cut the fruit into suitable cubes, but not very small, because they will crumble during cooking.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the watermelon pieces and leave for 3 minutes, then remove.
Separately, put the sugar with water and lemon juice in a pot on the fire. When the sugar has melted, let the syrup boil for 5 minutes, until it binds. Add the watermelon cubes drained and turn off the heat.
Let the jam stand for at least an hour, during which time the fruit will absorb from the syrup. Put the jam back on the fire and simmer for another half an hour, until the syrup binds and acquires a sticky consistency.
Turn off the heat and cover the jam with a damp cloth. When the jam has cooled slightly, you can pour it into sterilized jars.
You have to see it too.
Melon jam. Cantaloupe jam recipe - Ingredients:
To prepare melon jam, peel the peeled melons and seeds and cut the core into small cubes.
Put the watermelon cubes in a double-walled pot and squeeze the juice from a knife over it.
Add the sugar and mix lightly, then cover the pot with cling film and refrigerate for 24 hours. During this time, stir the pot and mix the ingredients lightly to help the sugar melt.
After 24 hours, put the pot on low heat and leave it for a few minutes, until all the sugar has melted. Stir carefully so as not to crush the watermelon cubes.
Using a foamer, transfer the cubes melon & icircntr in a bowl.
Boil the remaining syrup in the pot until it becomes thick, removing the foam that forms.
Add the cubes melon and boil them with the syrup for 5-6 minutes, then turn off the heat and transfer the melon jam & icircn sterilized jars.
As with the other jam recipes, we keep the jars in the blankets until they cool down, then we label them and put them in the pantry.
In winter we will enjoy delicious & acircnd delicious melon jam, with the nostalgia of summer days.
What ingredients do we use for the jam recipe?
- - Watermelon peel (white part + little fruit) - 1kg
- - Old - 1 kg
- - Lemon -1
- - Vanilla / vanilla sugar (8g)
Preparation for melon peel jam
1. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. We get the white-green skin, but we do not completely remove the core of the fruit, we leave about 2-3mm of core.
2. Cut the peel into small cubes, about 5mm.
3. Put the melon pieces in a bowl and add the sugar. Mix lightly.
4. Leave the bowl on the table for a few hours. Usually, in the evening, peel and leave the bowl of ingredients on the table overnight. Meanwhile, the sugar melts and the shells are covered with juice.
5. Put the jam on low heat for half an hour. Turn off the heat and let the composition cool a little.
6. After 30 minutes, put the jam back on the fire and let it boil for another 20 minutes.
7. Add the lemon juice and grated peel (lemon). If necessary, remove the foam.
8. After 30 minutes add the vanilla sugar.
9. Let it boil for another 10 minutes or until the jam becomes sticky.
Our jam is ready!
The average grade given by the jury for this recipe is 9.50.
Recipes with Gina Bradea & raquo Recipes & raquo Melon peel jam, candied melon peel recipe
Watermelon - 5 recipes
A selection of recipes with melon, excellent for children and babies, but also for adults.
Watermelon it has a high nutritional power, due to its high sugar content and its taste qualities. It is mainly used as a dessert. Watermelons are grouped, according to their shape, in two categories: those with globular fruits in the shape of ribs, - cantaloupes - and those with smooth, elongated globular fruits - common melons. Watermelon fruits contain 90% water, carbohydrates, starch, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, 17 mg%, mineral salts, calcium and iron.
Watermelon ice creamServings 4 / recommended portion = 200 gr.
Melon ice cream recipe without boiling and without sugar. How to make a simple melon ice cream, the list of ingredients and how to prepare it with step-by-step pictures.
This endless heat wave makes me think of something refreshing every few minutes. So today, I decided to make an ice cream before checking if I have the right ingredients around the house. So I opened the fridge and saw a cantaloupe melon, which I told at once & # 8222you will make my own ice cream today. & # 8221 So melon ice cream will be! This recipe is very easy to make, the basic cream for melon ice cream is prepared in a few minutes, cold, all you need is a blender. If you have an ice cream machine, you can cool it down after a few tens of minutes, but the recipe works just as well and prepared as it used to, in the freezer.
Melon core jam & # 8211 watermelon, watermelon or watermelon
Melon core jam & # 8211 watermelon, watermelon or watermelon. Homemade natural jam, without preservatives, prepared from melon core. How to make watermelon jam? How much sugar is added to the jam? How and how much is the jam boiled?
In our country, watermelon with red core is called watermelon, regionally watermelon. There are also watermelon producers in the Arad area, for example in Felnac or Socodor and on both sides of the border with Hungary. In Moldova this watermelon is called harbuz or harbuzoaică, in Transylvania it is also called rainbow.
I prefer to buy watermelon from local producers, especially since this year the production is early and generous. Melons are juicy and very very sweet, with a thin skin.
Just yesterday I visited a local produce fair and left with lots of vegetable and fruit nets: peaches, watermelon, tomatoes, melon, eggplant, corn for cooking, even with a jar of honey. I was with 10 nets in my hand, with the child's scooter and the child on the other side. I barely got to the car but it was worth the effort.
I haven't eaten such good fruit in a long time. I took advantage of them and made a small portion of watermelon jam at the request of the junior.
I don't throw away watermelon peels! From them I make jam after this recipe.
Melon peel jam
And from watermelon (cantaloupe) you can make an extremely aromatic jam & # 8211 with melon pieces and fragrant amber syrup & # 8211 see the recipe here.
From the quantities below it results approx. 4 jars of 200 ml of melon core jam. Because the watermelon is sweet, I did not put 1 kg of sugar per 1 kg of watermelon but only 750 g.
1. Peel a squash, grate it and put the diced kernels in a bowl. Put the peeled kernels and core from the shells in a well-tied gauze and drain the juice over the watermelon cubes.
2. Put on low heat the melon core and the gauze bag (suspended by a spoon tail placed above the pan) and let it boil for an hour - an hour and a half, until the melon becomes soft and transparent.
3. During this time, wash the lemons, grate the peel and squeeze the juice. Take the bag out of the gauze, wait a few minutes and squeeze it again.
4. Add the lemon juice, peeled peel and sugar and put on the fire again for 30 minutes, stirring constantly so that it does not stick.
5. Add the ginger and cook for another 20 minutes. Put the hot melon jam in washed and dried jars, seal them and turn them upside down. Cover with a blanket and allow to cool.
6. Watermelon jam is delicious to serve in the cold season, and once you have opened a jar, keep it in the refrigerator.