Preparation time: over 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Chicken with baked garlic:
Clean the chicken very well and place it in a steak tray. Peel the garlic and put it in a mortar with all the spices and crush it. Then add a few drops of olive oil and with this paste we will grease the chicken. Add the wine and 3 tablespoons of oil and put in the preheated oven for an hour and a half. Sprinkle with the sauce from time to time. Serve hot with a garnish and a salad, or in our case with yellow beans with sour cream. Good appetite!!!
- Four 6-ounce chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons melted walnut oil melted, to which add more for the greasing bowl
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3-6 cloves of chopped garlic
- & # 188 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- & # 189 teaspoon cinnamon
- & # 189 teaspoon black pepper
- & # 189 tablespoon dried parsley
- & # 188 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Put the papers on paper next to each other.
- Combine coconut oil, onion, garlic, raisins, rosemary, cinnamon, pepper, parsley and salt in a small bowl.
- Grease / pour over the chicken, massaging the mixture on the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe for baked chicken with garlic is delicious, easy to make and healthy!
Baked chicken with olives and garlic
I had a tablespoon of olive salsa left, I used it efficiently! Being so potent in taste, it didn't take much more to invigorate the chicken steak. I had imagined some lamb chops standing on top of the bean puree, but I was content with what I had in the freezer.
For those who are fasting now: the combination of white beans and salsa is wonderful, there is no need for meat. The following option can be done: keep 2-3 tablespoons of beans before making the puree. Mix the beans with the salsa and place them in the crater in the middle of the puree. Serve with toast or tortilla chips. As you can't add anchovies to the salsa now, replace them with a little greenery (dill and parsley).
- Chicken is eaten hot with a garnish or cold in salads.
- The preparation is suitable for lunch or dinner.
- You can also use chicken breast instead of legs / wings. In this case the cooking time in the oven will be reduced.
- In the marinade you can add aromatic herbs to your taste.
- Almost any sauce or garnish can sit proudly next to the chicken in beer. From cheese sauces to the traditional garlic sauce.
- You can cook the chicken in beer on a frying pan or on the stove grill if you prefer.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and throw it in your lunch pack for work. Put there… what you want: fresh salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, cheese, bell peppers, nuts, etc.
- Natural potatoes
- Potatoes with garlic or herbs
- Mashed potatoes
- Grilled vegetables
- Fresh salad
- Fresh bread
Ingredients put in baked milk
- 1 chicken of 1.5 kg. or something healthier, depending on the number of diners and their appetite (but you can also use chicken legs or pieces)
- 500 ml. of milk
- 10 cloves of garlic (6-8, if very large)
- the yellow part of the peel of a lemon
- 10 fresh sage leaves or 1 tablespoon of dried sage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Chicken in milk & # 8211 how to prepare
Necessary utensils and equipment
This chicken in milk has cooking steps that require both the hob and the oven. You will need a heat-resistant dish in which the chicken can fit & # 8222 like a key in the door & # 8221 & # 8211 so Jamie said, & # 8222find a snug-fitting pot for the chicken & # 8221 & # 8211 I mean tight, but comfortable at the same time. This vessel is ideal to have a lid. If you do not have such a thing, you can use aluminum foil. If the dish in which you will cook the chicken in the oven can also be used on the stove - the ideal situation & # 8211, you will brown the chicken directly in it. If not, you will need a large frying pan for this operation. I used one "Dutch oven", a cast iron pot with a lid that closes tightly.
Seasoning and browning
1. Switch on the oven and set it at 190 ° C.
2. Thoroughly clean the chicken of any feathers on the skin, burn them with a kitchen torch or on the stove. Carefully wipe the chicken, inside and out, with absorbent kitchen towels. Season the chicken generously with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, both on the outside and inside. I tied it with string because I like it to be tight, this is up to everyone, it is not essential for the final taste of the dish.
3. Using a cast iron pot to cook the chicken, I heated the 3 tablespoons of olive oil directly in it. The dish you prepared to cook this chicken in the oven in the oven may not allow this. For example, if you use a heat-resistant glass or ceramic vessel. In this case, heat a large, deep pan over medium heat. Add the oil to the hot pan and brown the chicken quickly on all sides. Browning on the entire surface should not take more than 8-10 minutes. We just want to color the chicken, not cook it, at this stage.
4. After the chicken is nicely browned, remove it from the pot / pan and drain the fat from the bowl. Inside it will remain delicious and reddish marks, stuck to the bottom of the vessel. They will give a splendid taste to our dish & # 8211 chicken in the oven & # 8211 so it is ideal to use a dish that is suitable for both hob and oven. If using a frying pan, after browning, place the chicken in the oven dish.
5. Peel the garlic. Jamie recommended no more, no less than 10 cloves of garlic! I say I get 6-8, if they are chubby like the ones in the picture below.
6. Add the garlic, sage and lemon peel cut into thin strips from the surface of the lemons to the bowl with the chicken. We use a very sharp little knife or a vegetable peeler, to take only the yellow part of the peel. And that's about it! Ah, obviously, we also add milk, we just cook a chicken in milk! We pour it all over the chicken in the bowl.
7. Put the lid on (or cover the bowl with aluminum foil) and bake for 1 hour and a half at 190 ° C. I left the chicken for the first half hour with my chest up, then turned it upside down for 1 hour. At the end, I discovered the pot and turned the chicken over again, exposing the chest to the heat. I set the oven to grill function and left it for a few more minutes, until it browns nicely.
8. When browned as desired, remove the chicken from the oven. We carefully remove it from the bowl & # 8211 I recommend some kitchen tongs for this operation & # 8211 and place it on a plate. It is good to let the chicken rest, before slicing it, for at least 10-15 minutes (as with any steak).
9. During baking, the sauce in the pan will heat up. The exceptional taste it has makes it far too precious to give up. I drained all the sauce in a saucepan and added the garlic cloves. They are ripe, so they have a sweet note, they no longer have such an intense garlic taste. I passed everything with the hand blender. What do you think? The sauce emulsified and got a nice look, so I served it with the chicken steak and beetroot salad. Of course, almost any garnish works, but because we served this wonder in the evening, we preferred to limit ourselves to a salad. To choose one Proper garnish recipe, click on the picture below.
The meat will be extremely tender and flavorful and I guarantee a memorable dinner.
If you have something left over from your breast the next day (quite unlikely, because the chicken breast prepared in this way is fragile and juicy, it will not dry out in the oven at all) you can make the best sandwich with cold chicken slices, dijon mustard , horseradish and favorite salad. Good luck with that!
A variant of chicken in milk ennobled with butter and scented with cinnamon can be found at Cătălina.
Baked chicken tips with radish
- The recipe gives you the opportunity to use any part of a chicken or even a whole one, but you have to take into account the baking time.
- Radishes are only added to the oven in the last 10 minutes.
- If you are a fan of sauces, you can take the 100 ml of beer out of the recipe and you can add 100 ml of tomato juice.
- If you like greens you can use more than 2 cloves of green garlic or more dill and parsley.
- To get slightly crispy radishes, put them in the oven only for the last 5-6 minutes instead of the last 10 minutes.
- You can give more flavor to the preparation if you add a few slices of bacon to the bottom of the tray.
- Serve the chicken with radish in the oven while it is still hot.
- The preparation is very tasty and reheated.
Peasant chicken in the oven, radu anton roman's version
When Radu Anton Roman says that this recipe is about a peasant chicken, this is exactly what he is referring to, a country chicken, and he will know what he is saying, that it is his recipe, anyway. A country chicken, raised in the human yard. And Radu Anton Roman also calls it an ordinary food. Which is to say, in the end we are only dealing with a chicken and a few flavors from some common ingredients. And few. And nowadays, to make baked chicken only with some cream, butter and some garlic, when all the spices of the world have invaded you, as if all this cooking becomes an eccentric gesture. And yet, simplicity here is just a sincere and determined return home, to the origins, in the early years of the lives of many of us. At that dinner table, perched on the porch of the summer kitchen, when everyone in the house was gathering from all over the country. Either hoeing, or picking, or simply because it was time for them to reunite.
Apparently simple, the recipe for baked peasant chicken, in the version of Radu Anton Roman, hides some unsuspected joys. And it's not hard to get to them, I explained in detail everything that needs to be done here.
- a whole chicken
- bird entrails (I used liver, hearts and pipettes)
- 300 ml of fatty cream, over 20% fat
- a packet of butter at 200 gr
- a head of crushed garlic
- 2 parsley bindings
- salt pepper
There are a few things that need to be explained before we get to work. I tried, in general, to reproduce as much as possible from Radu Anton Roman's recipe, but there, as with many other recipes, the work stages are presented in a rather minimalist way. That is why I will now insist on certain aspects.
- if it weren't for country chickens, then we wouldn't stop dreaming of at least one country chicken in the oven, so there is also a store chicken, there are now chickens raised at ground level, even on the ground.
- in the original recipe, on the bottom of the tray to be placed in the oven, a grill made of thin sticks is used. I wanted to respect this detail as well, I had a dry tree behind the house, so I went all the way. you can see in the picture below how I arranged them. the sticks can be placed in parallel lines or crosswise, as you wish. Radu Anton Roman suggests that the chicken should not touch the tray, although the more butter is used, the more it drains from the chicken, there should be no problems. but in order not to risk anything, we also put the sticks in the tray, it will give the preparation an air of authenticity.
- suggestion, wash and clean those sticks well before, you don't want bark in the plate.
- I used cream with 30 percent fat, I recommend this one.
- the garlic looks a lot, but I say it's not. cream will come over the chicken anyway, it will drain a lot in the pan, don't worry about the garlic, the only concern here is just what kind of wine you will drink after.
- the part with the entrails is the secret of the recipe. In its original version, chicken entrails are used. I used a mixture of duck breasts, turkey hearts and chicken liver. if you take them from the store, in whatever mixture you want, in fact, you will have a lot left over. The entrails are perfect for a pea meal, for example, this if someone worries about the excess meat.
The chicken is washed, dried and greased with garlic paste, salt and pepper. The entrails are finely chopped (haha, what a nice pun). And it is chopped as much as everyone thinks they can fit inside the chicken, without sticking out. Basically, about as much as you take in two hands. These are then mixed with butter, salt and pepper. Compared to the original version, I not only recommend, but I insist on putting some garlic here.
Fill the chicken's belly with this mixture and sew or catch with food thread. I sewed it, don't ask me how, I used some thinner wire as a needle. You can also use toothpicks or wooden sticks for skewers that stick into the meat to catch the edge of the chicken and thus prevent the filling from coming out.
Grease a pan with a high edge, make that grill with chopsticks on top, put the chicken and put it in the preheated oven at a temperature as high as possible at the beginning, somewhere around 220 degrees, for about 10 minutes, as the chicken turns yellow on the surface. Then lower the temperature to 160-170 degrees and let it rest until ready. It's just that this calm is a bit relative, you still have some cream left, I don't know if you noticed, and that should be used. Whatever you do, you have to grease the chicken in the oven a few times with this cream. Not all at once, put one at a time, at least 3-4 times. When you run out of cream and you are almost convinced that the chicken is ready, grease it with some juice from the bottom of the tray. That mixture of butter, cream and garlic flavor will turn your world upside down.
Let him languish a little, then, like the barbarians, break pieces of chicken and feed your tribe. They will all adore you, especially if you put some white wine in the glass. And cold, because the heat is hitting us again these days.
Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic in the oven & # 8211 video recipe
Have you tried this recipe? Follow me on @JamilaCuisine or tag #jamilacuisine!
Recipe of chicken with 40 cloves of garlic it's downright incredible. Super flavorful, very tasty and perfect for a family lunch or dinner. I discovered this recipe years ago, on a French site. I kept saying that I will do it in the video version, but I didn't succeed. That was until recently, when I remembered her. I don't know about you, but I love garlic, especially baked. I use it at hummus, I put it in butter or soup. It is truly wonderful, fragrant and sweet. I was super excited to put so much garlic, but I understood why it was needed. Garlic smells of chicken and sauce and is sweet cooked in the oven. It goes perfectly with chicken steak and potatoes.
What I like most about the chicken recipe with 40 cloves of garlic is that it's super easy. Although it looks super pretentious, it is very simple and handy. It does not have many ingredients, and the aromatic herbs used can be of any kind. I used a mixture of several because I like it, but you can put what you have in the house. However, if you can, we encourage you to buy fresh herbs. They are much more fragrant and scent the chicken much better. From these herbs I made a fragrant oil. I used Spornic Omega 9 oil. It is the oil I have been using for over half a year and I like it because it is much healthier, having a large amount of oleic acid, beneficial to health.
Best baked chicken with garlic (immune system)
Get ready to fight disease, colds and flu. At the beginning of the cold season it is good to devise a plan to defeat viruses, to keep diseases at bay. And a good way to boost the immune system is to add some superfoods to your diet, such as garlic and broccoli, which have multiple benefits for your health. Try this chicken recipe with garlic and help your immune system in the long run.