Before the national day, I was late for work and I couldn't find any more bread. No problem ! I went home and looked in the bottom of the closet where I found all kinds of flour heads. This is like in the story with the magic cake: D I'm not a big fan of kneading but I have a good hand. My bread grows guaranteed! The sunflower seeds are a bonus. I made some breads so good that you would eat them like cake. The next day at breakfast with butter and fresh homemade you could not stop. Attention !!! Create dependency. I repeated and prepared another portion after two days: D
- 500 gr wholemeal flour
- 500 gr black flour
- 500 gr white flour
- 150 gr peeled sunflower seeds [unsalted]
- 25 gr fresh yeast [1/2 cube]
- 4 gr dry yeast [1/2 pack]
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 3 cups warm water 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation time: less than 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Wholemeal breads with sunflower seeds - enchanted flatbread:
- The flours are placed in a large room.
- Without white flour, the bread would have been more clichéd and not leavened so easily.
- The yeast dissolves in a little warm water [about half a cup].
- Warm water will promote the fermentation process. Just a little warm. We don't want to scald the dough.
- In the middle of the flour, a hole is made in which the yeast dissolved in water is placed.
- Mix in the middle of the bowl. Water with yeast and flour as much as a pancake dough, thinner.
- Let this mayonnaise rise for 15 minutes.
- Do not add salt from the beginning. The salt will stop the fermentation process.
- At this point, put the baking powder.
- Start kneading by adding a little water from time to time.
- Don't forget the salt now. Knead for 10-15 minutes until the dough becomes slightly elastic and no longer sticks to your hand.
- As I learned from my grandmother, I made the sign of the cross over the dough.
- Grease a plastic wrap with a little oil and cover the container tightly.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in volume.
- The food foil greased with oil will come off the dough easily.
- Knead the dough again. Add the sunflower seeds.
- With your hands greased with oil, take pieces of dough that you fold inwards and then flatten them and roll them to get a small loaf of bread.
- By modeling the breads with oil, you will obtain a beautiful crispy crust after baking.
- I made 12 loaves and put them in a tray lined with baking paper.
- The rest of the dough was enough for a bagel baked in the cake pan.
- Let the dough rise again for about 15 minutes.
- In the preheated oven I put the bread at 200 degrees C, until it browned [about 40 minutes]
- To make the bread grow nicely, I put a pan with a little water on the bottom of the oven to release steam during baking. Towards the end I took out the pan with water so that the bread would brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool on a stainless steel grill.
- If you eat very hot bread it could hurt your stomach.
- Grandma used to say that hot bread should go to God first, then eat it. Even today I don't know what it meant, maybe it was like an offering, maybe that made us children respect the divinity and wait. Otherwise I don't think we would have been patient: D
- Next to these breads I placed for the first time a beautiful vessel brought from the Holy Land. On this vessel is reproduced the mosaic on the floor of the church that was built on the place of bread and fish multiplication.
Thank you Lord for the daily bread !!!!
Without white flour, the bread would have been more clichéd and not leavened so easily.
Warm water will promote the fermentation process. We don't want to scald the dough.
Do not add salt from the beginning. The salt will stop the fermentation process.
Grease a plastic wrap with a little oil and cover the airtight container. It will come off the dough easily when needed.
To make the bread grow nicely, I put a pan with a little water on the bottom of the oven to release steam during baking. Towards the end I took out the pan with water so that the bread would brown